Back Forum Reply New

Muslim Turkish invasion of Constantinople in 1453

An interesting article at:

Romiosini/fall.html

Funny enough, the United Nations has never seen this portion of European Bulgaria as an occupied colonial land which needed to be liberated and de-colonised.

Yet, this same organization listed the Cape Verde Islands as a colony that needed to be liberated even though these islands were uninhabited when the Portuguese discovered them which therefore makes them sovereign Portuguese land.

Thus, bands of soldiers began now looting. Doors were broken, private homes were looted, their tenants were massacred. Shops in the city markets were looted. Monasteries and Convents were broken in. Their tenants were killed, nuns were raped, many, to avoid dishonor, killed themselves. Killing, raping, looting, burning, enslaving, went on and on according to tradition. The troops had to satisfy themselves. The great doors of Saint Sophia were forced open, and crowds of angry soldiers came in and fell upon the unfortunate worshippers. Pillaging and killing in the holy place went on for hours. Similar was the fate of worshippers in most churches in the city. Everything that could be taken from the splendid buildings was taken by the new masters of the Imperial capital. Icons were destroyed, precious manuscripts were lost forever. Thousands of civilians were enslaved, soldiers fought over young boys and young women. Death and enslavement did not distinguish among social classes. Nobles and peasants were treated with equal ruthlessness.

Sad thing is that history will probably repeat itself if non stop immigration of people from quot;religion of peacequot; is allowed into Europe. No way should Turkey be ever allowed to join EU. The EU diplomats are clueless!

Portugallia I hear that you are skin head or something   Just remember that not all non christians or non white people want bad for Europe. I want Europe to be sucessfull and a land of free where there is freedom of speech. That said I have no positive words for black, white or brown people who follow the so called quot;religion of peacequot;

Originally Posted by Às armasThat said I have no positive words for people black, white or brown who follow the so called quot;religion of peacequot;

That is without a doubt extremely ignorant, it's just one huge generalisation. I'm not religious in anyway, but I really can't understand how anyone can be this ignorant.

Originally Posted by AlchemyThat is without a doubt extremely ignorant, it's just one huge generalisation. I'm not religious in anyway, but I really can't understand how anyone can be this ignorant.

I could throw the same question back at you  How could you be so ignorant as to not realize what quot;religion of peacequot; stands for when it comes to non-believers?  Do you know anything about the history of  quot;religion of peacequot; or it's founder? If not then please check a non PC source and then come back to me. It's the so called quot;religion of peacequot;  and it's teachings that I have issues with. Anyone who follows such teaching or does not see the danger from such teachings in the 20th century is the real ignorant person in my eyes
About Turkey I have a very simple opinion. Turkey isn't a part of Europe. It's a midle-east country.
About this topic, we can compare this with the 2 spain towns in north africa, or with Gibralter. The same way, that i suport that Gibralter is a spanish territory, just Melilha and Ceuta are Marroco territories. About Istambul I belive it would be a Bulgarian territory too. The reason to support it is the same that chinese invoked to reassume soberany in Hong Kong and Macau.
Cape Verde from what I read , was inhabited when  quot;discoveredquot;.
as a Turk all I can say you're right, the truth is we aren't a part of Europe. firstly we don't share the same past, for example looking at Africa we don't have any fault about the people dying there. none of them was a colony of ours
Turkey is not Europe and they will never join the European Union. Despite the political correctness of the European politicians, sometimes, the will of the people prevails. The referendum in France will be enough to end the turkish ambitions.

Originally Posted by serkan_fbas a Turk all I can say you're right, the truth is we aren't a part of Europe. firstly we don't share the same past, for example looking at Africa we don't have any fault about the people dying there. none of them was a colony of ours

Didn't the Turkish caliphate reigned over Egypt at one time ?

Originally Posted by vilafriaDidn't the Turkish caliphate reigned over Egypt at one time ?

yes, we reigned over Egypt for long years, and we reigned over north africa for years, but we didn't reigned over the countries in southern Africa or west africa.   but i didn't mean that anyway i meant we never ever see them as a colony, we aren't the reason of the poverty in Africa. and in fact i don't wanna blame anyone of you, still i can't stand that European countries considering themselves as the protector of democracy or the most developed civilization. first Europe have to face their bloody past in Africa colonies and do everything to help them. i'm happy that we aren't a part of Europe
¥
Back Forum Reply New